Sweet Lilly Sew Along Day 1: Welcome!
Welcome to the Sweet Lilly Pintuck dress sew along! I am so looking forward to sewing along with you all amazing ladies for the next several days. Would you like to join in the fun?! Here is what you need to do to participate:
1. How to get the pattern: You can purchase your copy of the Sweet Lilly Pintuck dress pattern here. (P.S. It will be ON SALE all this week!)
2. Visit our blog each day from day 1 (today!) to day 6 (Saturday!) for step by step tutorial.
3. Come and share your photos along the way in the Bella Sunshine Designs Pdf Pattern group or on Instagram using #bellasunshinesewalong #sweetlillypintuckdress and ask for help and/or give advise through out the entire sew along.
4. Upload your progress pictures & finished garment photos in the Bella Sunshine Designs Facebook group for the chance to win the prizes!
5. Finally don’t forget to visit our sponsor’s Facebook group Sew It Seams and request to join in!
Fan Favorite – $25 Gift Card to Sew It Seams & Pattern of Choice from Bella Sunshine Designs
Admin Favorite – $25 Gift Card to Sew It Seams & Pattern of Choice from Bella Sunshine Designs
Random Winner – Pattern of Choice from Bella Sunshine Designs
On Day 1: Gather Supplies & Pick Your Option
Day 2: Bodice Construction
On Day 3: Sleeves Construction
Day 4: Skirt Placket
On Day 5: Gather & Attaching the Skirt
Day 6 & 7: Catch Up
Then on Day 8: Winners Announced!
Let’s get started!
Day 1: Gather fabric and supplies/pick your option
Good morning, this is officially day 1 of our Sweet Lilly Pintuck dress sew along. So exciting! I hope you are ready because I am so ready.
I really love this part of any sewing project – gathering and putting together fabrics and supplies you need to sew your sweet lilly!
Are you ready? lets get started!
Printing and taping your pattern pieces
For this I recommend you to read pages 3-4 of the pattern tutorial before you cut and tape together your pattern pieces.
Note: If you need to blend sizes please refer to page 7 of the pattern tutorial before you print and tape your pattern pieces together!
Woven fabrics for both main and lining are recommended for this design! The pattern is not suitable for stretchy fabrics! I used cotton voile to make the white dress. Other fabric choices can be found in page 9 of the pattern tutorial.
Be sure to wash and iron your fabrics! Woven often shrinks, and you don’t want that to happen after you’ve put hours of work into your garment!
Choose your option
let’s figure out which option you want to do before we get started! This will also save you which pattern pieces to print and which not to! You have two options! to go with the original version or to go with the hack version (white dress). The hack version has no sleeves, no front and back bodice bands and have an overlay lace on the main centre front bodice! Both versions are amazing!
End of day 1. See you tomorrow!!