- A 4-way stretch nylon spandex blend with at least 75% stretch but no more than 100%. Swim fabric is highly recommended to prevent fading from chlorine and sun. Polyester/spandex blends and cotton/polyester/spandex blends can also be used but are more prone to fading and won’t dry as quickly.
- A 4-way stretch swim lining with the same percentage of stretch as your main fabric. Swim lining tend to be light-weight materials and like swim fabric are formulated for use with chlorine and salt water. They typically come in a polyester/cotton/nylon blend.
- Swim elastic 3/8” (1cm) – While regular elastic may be used, swim elastic is recommended as it will last longer with use in chlorine and salt water.
- For the Two-Piece Version and/or Built-in Bra Only: Swim elastic 1” (2.5cm)
- Optional – foam swim cups can also be easily added if you are sewing the built in bra version. Choose your size based on the manufacturer’s suggestions.
- Also recommended: Walking foot or Coverstitch machine